Every business should begin developing effective systems and controls during step one of their initial business planning. Well-crafted systems ensure everyone is consistently performing repetitive tasks the same way to facilitate efficiency throughout the business, and effective controls assure business owners that the data being generated at every level of the company is accurate and reliable at all times. We provide a full suite of risk management services that are rarely made available to small and midsize businesses, including:
- Accounting process review
- Accounting process development
- Accounting systems implementation
- Internal control review
- Internal control development
- Internal control implementation
- System and control reviews
Whether your business is a startup seeking effective systems and controls before commencing operations, or a growing multi-location business concerned about data reliability and employee fraud prevention, we will develop a custom systems and controls infrastructure for your business that is rigid enough to minimize risk and achieve your objectives, but also sufficiently fluid to avoid inhibiting your employees from performing their duties. Our goal is never to strangle your operations – we’re heavily focused on preventing devious employees from committing fraud or careless employees from making critical mistakes that may negatively impact your bottom line.
We’ll meet with your executives to explore the unique nature of your business, assess all potential exposure risks, and then model out all available processes and procedures that can minimize the risks that pose the biggest threat to your company’s operations. We understand your executives can’t monitor every office location or department at all times, but effective systems and controls will help them sleep better at night knowing the majority of their risk exposures have been minimized.
- Internal Controls & Systems Reviews – We will review your company’s existing internal controls and systems to determine if any modifications are necessary to improve efficiency and whether exposures are minimized as much as possible in every financial process and procedure.
- Operations and Procedures Manuals – We can create operations and procedures manuals that outline the systems and controls we have developed for your business.
- Systems Implementations – We ensure that every system we develop is fully implemented in every aspect of your company’s operations and that all employees are properly trained regarding their roles in each system.
- Systems Audits / SAS 70 Reports – We can perform a comprehensive audit of your company’s financial systems and prepare a SAS 70 report to educate your executives regarding potential exposure risks and our recommendations for minimizing or eliminating those risks.